Our guidelines for a safe workshop
The workshops are carried out in a Covid-19-safe manner. Because of this, only 12 places are sold to each workshop. There is ample space between the work areas. The instructor uses a visor or a face mask, as well as a voice amplification system.
The workshop starts with a short tour of the exhibition. After this, we move to the workshop space, where participants can wash their hands and use hand sanitiser. Face masks are provided for the participants to use if they so wish. All the materials used in the workshop are laid out on the tables, paying attention to hygiene. Read our instructions for a safe museum visit.
Workshops available for booking
All workshops are held in our workshop space, entrance from the second-level mezzanine.
- Wed 2 Sept, 17:00–19:30: Inspired by antiquity! – a tour of sculptures and a drawing workshop led by two experts. In Finnish.
- Thu 3 Sept 2020, 17:00–19:30: An unbridled still life – acrylic painting on Plexiglas (sold out)
- Thu 1 Oct 2020, 17:00–19:30: Life drawing – croquis drawing workshop
- Get inspired by Magnus Enckell’s techniques
- Wed 4 Nov 2020, 17:00–19:30: Colour, colour – painting with a knife
- Thu 12 Nov 2020, 17:00–19:30: What is tempera painting?
- Wed 18 Nov 2020, 17:00–19:30: Glowing colours – pastel painting
- Wed 13 Jan 2020, 17:00–19:30: Glowing colours – pastel painting
- Sat 16 Jan 2020, 10:30–13:00: Glowing colours – pastel painting
- Thu 26 Nov 2020, 17:00–19:30: If I was a landscape – liquid ink painting
- Creating art with children – painting workshop
- Tue 13 Oct 2020, 13:00–15:00
- Thu 15 Oct 2020, 13:00–15:00
- The workshop fee is €39. The price includes a ticket for one adult and one child.
The workshop fee is €39/29, which includes admission to the museum, a guided tour, materials, and coffee and tea. Members of the Friends of the Ateneum Art Museum and holders of the ICOM, press, A or Museum cards are eligible for a discounted ticket. The holder of a discounted ticket must be prepared to prove their eligibility for a discount at the ticket office or the information desk when collecting their entrance stickers.
Carefully check your ticket on purchase. Purchased tickets may not be exchanged or refunded. Tickets are transferable – if you cannot attend, you can pass your ticket on.