Information for parents and guardians:
Young people under the age of 18 may visit the museum unaccompanied by an adult so long as they understand and adhere to the museums rules and guidelines. When attending our workshops, they should be capable of working independently. The workshop leader and other museum staff may provide assistance but are not responsible for them. Parents and guardians of museum visitors under the age of 18 are always responsible for their children.
Rules and guidelines:
- When you arrive at the museum, first go to the ticket desk. Even though admission to the museum is free of charge to visitors under the age of 18, you will still need an admission sticker. Pick up a sticker from the ticket desk and attach it so that it is clearly visible, for example on your hand or clothing.
- Leave any coats or larger bags on the coat rack, in a locker or at the cloakroom.
To ensure the comfort and safety of all museum visitors, please note the following rules:
- Do not touch any of the artworks! They are fragile and extremely valuable. Sometimes damages cannot be seen immediately. Please, do not touch the glass display cabinets either.
- Do not lean against the walls in the exhibition halls! Similarly, do not write or draw against the walls.
- Do not run inside the museum! Please be considerate to other museum visitors.
- Attending a workshop? Please follow the instructions of the workshop leader, especially if the technique being taught is demanding and involves sharp tools. Also, remember to clean up after yourself.
Welcome to Ateneum!