The Ateneum reopens to the public on 2 June, and we want to make your visit to the museum as pleasant and safe as possible. From 2 June to 2 August, we are open with revised opening hours. We have put together a few instructions that we hope all our visitors will follow. Come and enjoy art safely!
Revised opening hours from 2 June to 2 August 2020
The situation regarding opening hours will be reassessed during the summer, and any changes will be announced separately.
Guided tours and events
There are no guided tours or events during June and July. In August, private guided tours will have a maximum of ten people per tour. There will be a separate announcement on events in August.
Stay safe during your museum visit
Keep your distance from other people
Take space for yourself and give it to other people when you move around the Ateneum, queue for tickets, or use other services. The Ateneum staff will also keep a safe distance from you.
- You can buy your ticket in advance online at Museoshop.fi. When you arrive at the museum, just show the QR code on the receipt at the ticket office.
- If you buy your ticket at the museum, please use a bank card and contactless payment. Until further notice, we do not accept cash as a means of payment.
- The cloakroom service is temporarily unavailable. You can leave your jacket and bags in the storage lockers located in the ticket sales hall and near the cloakroom next to the toilets. There are two sizes of lockers: 24 x 65 x 50 cm and 24 x 33 x 50 cm. Unfortunately, it is not possible to leave objects larger than this for storage. The use of the lockers is free.
- Please follow the signs around the museum. We recommend that you follow the suggested direction in which to explore the exhibitions.
Remember good hand hygiene
- Please observe good hand hygiene. Make sure your hands are clean when you come to the museum, and wash them as necessary or use hand sanitiser.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Do not touch the works of art.
- Avoid touching surfaces.
Our staff also pay special attention to good hand hygiene.
Come to the museum only in good health – art will wait for you
You are welcome to visit the Ateneum if you are feeling well. If you are ill, stay home until you feel better, and contact a health-care professional, if necessary.
Neat and clean
We pay special attention to hygiene and cleanliness in all our spaces. All touchable elements have been temporarily removed from the exhibitions. The Ateneum follows the official instructions of the Finnish Government.
Updated 26 May 2020
Photo: Finnish National Gallery / Hannu Pakarinen