Welcome to the Ateneum Art Museum!
We hope you have a pleasant visit. You should discuss the museum visit and these instructions with your class in advance.
If you are coming to the museum without a reserved guided tour, please inform us of your visit beforehand by e-mailing email@example.com.
Admission is free for children under 18 and the accompanying teacher.
- Begin your visit at the ticket office. Everyone gets a sticker that should be placed where it can be readily seen.
- Bags and coats are left in the cloakroom. During the most popular exhibitions, the museum’s cloakroom is very full, and we would like you to leave bags at school if your museum visit takes place in the middle of a school day. If your day begins or ends at the museum, bags can be left in the cloakroom. They must never be taken into the exhibition rooms.
- The group then moves to the museum courtyard to meet with its guide, or goes to see the exhibitions with the teacher.
- It is polite to take other museum visitors into account, but you do not need to whisper. It is okay to speak with the guide and ask questions.
- Schoolchildren must always be overseen by their teacher in the exhibition rooms, even when they are working on individual assignments.
- Works of art are fragile and irreparable. This is why they must never be touched. Even though the damage might not be visible at first, it will occur later.
See you at the Ateneum!
Picture: Finnish National Gallery / Jenni Nurminen.