Information for teachers
Teachers and schoolchildren are welcome to the Ateneum Art Museum. We hope you have a pleasant visit. You should discuss the museum visit and these instructions with your class in advance. Further advice is also available from the museum’s information service, call 0294 500 401, email@example.com
If you are coming to the Ateneum with your class and you have not booked a guided tour or an exhibition intro, please email us in advance to let us know that you are coming: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay safe during your museum visit
We pay special attention to hygiene and cleanliness in all our spaces. All touchable elements have been temporarily removed from the exhibitions. We have reduced the group size of guided tours, but school groups, such as a class, can also participate in guided tours in larger groups (max. 25 people). The maximum group size of workshops for school children is 20 participants. Larger groups are split. The Ateneum follows the official instructions of the Finnish Government.
NB: From 24 November to 13 December 2020 the maximum attendance of school groups is as follows: guided tours a maximum of 10 people, exhibition intros a maximum of 18 people.
Instructions for a museum visit
- Begin your visit at the ticket office. Everyone gets a sticker that should be placed where it can be readily seen.
- Bags and coats are left in the cloakroom. During the most popular exhibitions, the museum’s cloakroom is very full, and we would like you to leave bags at school if your museum visit takes place in the middle of a school day. If your day begins or ends at the museum, bags can be left in the cloakroom. They must never be taken into the exhibition rooms.
- The group then moves to the museum courtyard to meet with its guide, or goes to see the exhibitions with the teacher. Schoolchildren must always be overseen by their teacher in the exhibition rooms, even when they are working on individual assignments.
- It is polite to take other museum visitors into account, but you do not need to whisper. It is okay to speak with the guide and ask questions.
- Works of art are fragile and irreparable. This is why they must never be touched. Even though the damage might not be visible at first, it will occur later.
Admission is free for children under 18.
Ateneum’s workshop offers courses for all ages. Attending is usually free of charge for schools and nurseries. For further information, see Workshops.
Guided tours must always be booked in advance. Read more about our thematic tours.
Prices for schools and daycare:
Exhibition intro 55 €, max 25 people (from 23 Nov – 13 Dec 2020 max. 18 people)
Guided tour 70 €, max 25 people (from 23 Nov – 13 Dec 2020 max. 10 people)