Come to the museum only in good health
You are welcome to visit the Ateneum if you are feeling well. If you are ill, stay home until you feel better, and contact a health-care professional, if necessary.
Buying a ticket and entrance to the museum
- Entrance to the museum is only from the Ateneuminkuja side. Please be prepared to queue.
- You can buy your admission ticket from the door. At the moment we don’t sell pre-booked tickets to exhibitions.
Show your COVID-19 passport at the door
- We check the COVID-19 passport for museum visitors over the age of 16. We abide by the COVID-19 passport guidelines of the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland.
- Download your COVID-19 passport to your device or print it before your visit.
- Museum visitors under the age of 16 don’t need a COVID-19 passport. Entrance for under 18 year-olds is free.
- Be prepared to prove your identity. No personal information is collected.
- Get your COVID-19 passport from the My Kanta online service at kanta.fi. If you do not use the Kanta.fi service, you can get a printed copy of your COVID-19 passport from the healthcare unit where the vaccination was given or the coronavirus test was performed.
- We accept all national COVID-19 passports and certificates in use inside and outside the EU. If you cannot take the vaccine for medical reasons, you can get a COVID-19 passport by taking a coronavirus test. You can get more detailed information from the health services in your local municipality.
We recommend using a face mask or a visor
- We recommend using a face mask or a visor.
- You can ask for an individually packaged, disposable face mask upon arrival at the museum.
- You can also ask a visor for your use. After each use the visor will be sanitised and it will be put to rest at least for 24 hours before the next use.
Remember good hand hygiene
- Please observe good hand hygiene. Make sure your hands are clean when you come to the museum, and wash them as necessary or use hand sanitiser.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Do not touch the works of art.
- Avoid touching surfaces.
- Our staff also pay special attention to good hand hygiene.
Services and moving around the museum
- You can leave your jacket and bags to the staffed cloakroom or to the storage lockers located in the ticket sales hall and near the cloakroom next to the toilets. There are two sizes of lockers: 24 x 65 x 50 cm and 24 x 33 x 50 cm. The use of the lockers is free.
- Find space for yourself and give it to other people. The Ateneum staff will also keep a safe distance from you.
- Please follow the signs around the museum. We recommend that you follow the suggested direction in which to explore the exhibitions.
- Exhibition intros, guided tours and events are unfortunately cancelled.
- Our museum shop is open.
- Restaurant-café Ateneum Bistro is open (on Wednesdays and Thursdays until 18:00). Serving of alcoholic beverages ends at 17:00.
Neat and clean
We pay special attention to hygiene and cleanliness in all our spaces.
Changes are possible.