Jump to a section:
Exceptional opening hours
- 28.3.2022–13.4.2023 Closed, renovation
- 30.4.2023 at 10–17, May Day's Eve
- 1.5.2023 Closed, May Day
- 4.5.2023 at 10–16, Opening of the Albert Edelfelt exhibition
- 18.5.2023 at 10–17, Ascension Day
- 9.6.2023 at 10–22:30, Ateneum Late
- 22.6.2023 at 10–17, Midsummer Eve
- 23.6.2023–24.6.2023 Closed, Midsummer
- 25.6.2023 at 10–17
- 6.12.2023 Closed, Independence Day
- 17.11.2023 at 10–22:30, Ateneum Late
- 23.12.2023 at 10–17, Day before Christmas Eve
- 24.12.2023–25.12.2023 Closed, Christmas
- 26.12.2023 at 10–17, Boxing Day
- 31.12.2023 at 10–17, New Year's Eve
Standard admission €20
Discounted admission €12
Under 18-year-olds €0
Museum Card: free entry
You can buy advance tickets on the Lippu.fi website and at Lippu.fi ticket outlets. Tickets are also sold at the door. Ticket sales at the door end half an hour before the museum’s closing time.
Read more about advance tickets
At the Ateneum, we accept cash (euros) and all major credit and debit cards. You can also pay the admission fee with the various Smartum, Edenred and ePassi payment methods.
Discounted admission: 18-24 years olds, students, pensioners, unemployed, conscripts, non-military conscripts, European Youth Card.
Free admission with a Museum Card: €76 per year for a new card or €69,5 per year for the renewal of an existing card and €76 for renewal of a not valid Museum Card. Buy a Museum Card from the Ateneum!
Admission to the exhibitions is also free with a Friends of Ateneum membership card (€48 per year).
Become a Friend of Ateneum
Yearly pass to Finnish National Gallery for art students, visual artists and teachers working in Finland €30
Assistants for the disabled
Admission is always free with the following cards
Free admission days
Free admission days in 2023: 25.4., 14.7., 17.8., 22.9., 13.10., 15.12.
Ateneum Late: Fridays 9.6. and 17.11. (free admission for students and under 25-year-olds, special program)