Come to the museum only in good health – art will wait for you
You are welcome to visit the Ateneum if you are feeling well. If you are ill, stay home until you feel better, and contact a health-care professional, if necessary.
We require the use of a face mask or visor
- Visitors over 12 years old are required to wear a face mask. You can buy an individually packaged, disposable face mask for €1 upon arrival at the museum.
- If the visitor can’t wear a mask due to health reasons, we will offer a visor. After each use the visor will be sanitised and it will be put to rest at least for 24 hours before the next use.
- Our members of staff wear a face mask or visor.
- Tickets are also sold at the door, but people buying tickets at the museum should be prepared for queues, especially in August.
- All pre-booked tickets to the exhibitions are sold through Lippu.fi. f you want to guarantee your admission to the museum at a preferred time, we recommend pre-booking your ticket. When you arrive at the museum, present your printed ticket or your electronic ticket on a smartphone screen.
- You can also buy a gallery guide in advance through Lippu.fi, and get a copy at the ticket check upon arrival at the Ateneum. The richly illustrated, 36-page catalogue introduces you to the Repin exhibition.
Services and moving around the museum
- As the Repin exhibition is extremely popular, please notice that the recommended duration of your visit is one hour.
- You can leave your jacket and bags to the staffed cloakroom or to the storage lockers located in the ticket sales hall and near the cloakroom next to the toilets. There are two sizes of lockers: 24 x 65 x 50 cm and 24 x 33 x 50 cm. The use of the lockers is free.
- Find space for yourself and give it to other people. The Ateneum staff will also keep a safe distance from you.
- Please follow the signs around the museum. We recommend that you follow the suggested direction in which to explore the exhibitions.
- Our museum shop, Ateneum Bistro and Café Ateneum on the third floor are open.
Remember good hand hygiene
- Please observe good hand hygiene. Make sure your hands are clean when you come to the museum, and wash them as necessary or use hand sanitiser.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Do not touch the works of art.
- Avoid touching surfaces.
- Our staff also pay special attention to good hand hygiene.
Neat and clean
We pay special attention to hygiene and cleanliness in all our spaces. All touchable elements have been temporarily removed from the exhibitions.
Changes are possible.